What is an event? What is a meeting?
For internal users of Astra Schedule, an event is classified as high-level event information. For example, Homecoming and a staff meeting are events. A meeting is a specific event occurrence with a specific date, time, and place. An example of a meeting is registration from 9-10 a.m. or a staff meeting on Thursdays at 1 p.m. in the Hornet Hive. An event can have more than one meeting.
How far out can I reserve space on campus?
  • Faculty and staff can submit event requests up to 180 days in advance.
  • Students and student organizations can submit event requests up to 90 days in advance.
  • External clients can work with the Office of Conferences, Events, and Support Services to request events up to 24 months in advance. All requests must be submitted at least one day before the event.
What is the cancellation policy?
  • External clients: Cancellation details are specified in your Facilities and Use Agreement under Section 2.
  • Faculty/Staff/Students: In the event of cancellation, it is your responsibility to notify the Office of Conferences, Events, and Support Services as soon as the decision is made to cancel the event. Events with special setup and/or catering canceled less than 48 hours before the event may be subject to all estimated charges.
When will I know whether my event has been approved?
Once an event request is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Office of Conferences, Events, and Support Services. We try to approve or deny the majority of event requests within 72 hours of the time of submission (excluding officially recognized breaks when the University is closed). Please note that requests for academic spaces on weekdays will not be approved until after the first two weeks of each semester.
What happens after submitting an event?
After you submit an event request through Astra Schedule, you will receive a confirmation email that your event has been submitted along with a PDF file that summarizes the request. Once the request has been reviewed, you will receive a second confirmation or rejection email. When inquiring about your event, please reference the event’s name and date.
What are my payment options?
  • Internal events will be billed monthly through department transfer.
  • Payment terms for external events are outlined in the Facilities Use and Services Agreement under Section 2. Contact our office for more information.
Can I have a food truck at my event?
Yes, approved food trucks are allowed. Please visit the food trucks/vendors section on our planning tools page for additional information.
Can I have alcohol at my event?
Yes. The location requested must be a self-contained area not open to the public and without public access. Insurance will also be required.

For more information, please view the University of Lynchburg’s policies.

Can I choose which side of the Saving Grace quilted art is showing in the arch on the stage area?
Yes, the University of Lynchburg is proud of this donated piece of art in Snidow Chapel. There are two sides to this beautiful quilt. Let us know which side you prefer, and we will show it during your ceremony. Photos of each side of the quilt can be viewed online
How do I contact the Catering Department with questions concerning my food and beverage selections?
The University Catering Manager can be reached at 434.544.8271 or [email protected]. The menu is available online and any questions may be answered by visiting the Catering website.
Can the University assist with special parking arrangements or traffic control?
Yes, the Office of Safety and Security can assist with these arrangements. There will be a $50.00 per hour charge, with a two-hour minimum, for any special parking or traffic services.
What A/V equipment is in the Snidow Chapel?
The Snidow Chapel has an updated audio and video system complete with a retractable screen, video projector, various microphones, and CD or USB drive music sourcing. Use of existing chapel A/V is included with your indoor wedding package.
Where are the light switches in Snidow Chapel?
Lighting controls are located in the foyer and on the front right side/stage left of the auditorium. Switches are conveniently marked with several preset lighting levels.
Will we be able to use the Snidow Chapel chimes as part of our ceremony?
Unfortunately, the Snidow Chapel chimes are not available for use during wedding ceremonies.
Can we use an aisle runner in Snidow Chapel for our ceremony?
Yes, aisle runners are allowed on the carpeted section of the aisle which is approximately 6.6’ wide by 52’ long.
Where should our guests park?
The Snidow Chapel and Schewel Hall parking lots are the most convenient for wedding guests.
My photographer or videographer wants to get a “higher angle” for their shots, what should we do?
For ceremonies in Snidow Chapel, the upper balcony area is a prime location for photography and videography.

Need further assistance? Please email [email protected].